Monday 30 May 2016

Day 10, May 29. Mother's day

From: Grimsholmen
To: Steninge strand
Distance: 13 km
Total distance from Svinesundsbron: 344,5 km
Wind: N-NE 2-6 m/s
Weather: Warm and sunny, thunderstorm late afternoon
So, treated myself to a rest day today (well almost) on Mother's Day. Needed to do some additional grocery shopping and also wash all my clothes so I checked in at Steninge Vandrarhem (hostel) early afternoon and Per, one of the owners, have been most helpful lending me his bike to go to Haverdal (where the closest grocery store were to be found) and sorting out my washing! Great place just 100 m from the beach in Steninge! Thanks Per!
Before anything else, even a shower, what is the first thing you do when there is access to electricity? Plug in all sorts of gadgets of course 👍:
The short distance at sea could for the first time during this journey be completed just wearing a singlet under the lifejacket and without the spray skirt. It's starting to feel more and more like summer!☀️😎
About tomorrow and crossing Laholmsbukten the forecast is improving (they now foretell somewhat lighter winds) and maybe I will be able to get across tomorrow night. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and while waiting, downloading every app with any sort of relation to coastal weather as if that would help 😉.
Also added total distance to the log book data above since I constantly find myself adding all the daily distances to see how far I've come. I'm getting a bit tired of repeating the process over and over again and it will be a good time saver.
Today's route:

No comments:

Post a Comment