Sunday 15 May 2016

Getting ready for take off!

Today was the day to make the final preparations before I start my tour on Friday.

Premiere test round of packing all the gear into the new kayak and I was surprised in a good way to find that there is plenty of room left for food (of the sort that is not freeze dried) when everything else is stuffed into the dry compartments.

It was also time to rehearse the self rescue routine. Have not really been looking forwards to that bit considering the water temperature this time of year. Preparations in the form of a wetsuit and getting preheated in the sauna made the plunge into the sea rather enjoyable actually and getting up and back into the cockpit wasn't an issue at all. My husband and the kids were all standing on the jetty watching, hopefully feeling reassured that I will make it back into the kayak just in case I end up capsizing.




Now I just have to get through 4 absolutely crammed days at work to get everything ready for my collegues taking over during my 3 month leave. Sleep is not prioritised this week...

6 comments:

  1. Välkommen ut på rundturen och lycka till.
    Olof Löfman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ser fram emot att följa din tur.
    Lycka till

    Peter Sjödin
    HBB 111+151

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMFG!!!!!!! Fy i helsike va du är cool! Helt enormt! Njut!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ska bli spännande att följa dig under ditt äventyr!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tack för alla lyckönskningar! Det har börjat bra men med hård motvind och ser ut att fortsätta så några dagar till. Tänk så jag kommer att njuta av medvinden sen 😀!

    ReplyDelete