Friday 27 May 2016

Day 7, May 26. What else to wish for?

From: Bastö
To: Vinbärsholmen
Distance: 47 km
Wind: NW 3-10 m/s
Wheather: Sunny all day
Yeay, today was great! Could have my breakfast outside for the first time on this trip, perfect northwesterly winds and sunny.



Paddled passed these east of Björkö, does anyone know what they are for?

Then just cruised passed Göteborg and further on to the islands Brännö and Styrsö meeting a lot of boats considerably bigger than mine.

I was totally amazed to see how many people live out on this and also the surrounding islands. It was like a whole little city out there.When leaving this group of islands behind me I did my longest crossing so far, 9 km over to the main land and it made me relate that to the crossing I have ahead of me in a week or so, Laholmsbukten. That one is 25 km... It's going to be a long one...When reaching the mainland I started looking for good places to camp but that proved to be easier said than done, the whole coastline is just rock (the few places that are not are already occupied by houses) and the waves wher rolling in from west. Very tired and with no wish to go any further I ended up next to someone's summer home, at first I thought it was deserted but when looking closely I think someone is using it. Sorry about that whoever owns it, and thanks for a good spot to camp!
Todays route:

No comments:

Post a Comment