Wednesday 25 May 2016

Day 5, May 24. I can cook again!

From: Lysekil
To: Sunna holme
Distance: 34 km
Wind: N turning NE in the afternoon, 5-9 m/s

Starting my day by just hanging in Lysekil waiting for my cooker to arrive, passing time by drinking latte in a café and trying not to get soaked by the thunderstorms that passed by. In the afternoon I got the text I had so looked forward to and rushed off to pick up the parcel. Yes! From now on I can have warm food again 😁.
Waiting out one last thunderstorm the time was 4 pm before I finally sat down in the kayak for todays paddle. And what a great paddle that turned out to be, tail wind and some sun, passing through one picturesque fishing village after another. Here is a photo taken when passing through Grundsund:

A bit further south, after leaving Gullholmen behind a found this beatiful place:

I bet it will be packed with boats and people on a sunny day during July or August but unfortunately there seemed to be no good place to get out of a kayak.

Facetimed with the family from the kayak while drifting through Mollösund and then went on for another hour before I stopped for the night. Arriving to late and to tired to actually use my new cooker😉.
Todays route:

2 comments:

  1. Så kul att följa dig, Pernilla! Tack för och spännande rapporter med fina bilder. Önskar dig också lite bättre väder framöver :-)

    /Sara B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tack Sara!!! Det ser faktisk ut som om jag kommer få uppehåll de kommande dagarna och idag fick jag premiära solglasögonen en liten stund 😎.

    ReplyDelete