Saturday 28 May 2016

Day 8, May 27. First week gone by.

From: Vinbärsholmen
To: Bondaholmen
Distance: 47,5 km
Wind: NW-NE 1-4 m/s
Wheather: Cloudy all day, late evening sunny
I can't believe a week has already passed since I started. It feels both like it was just yesterday but then also like it was ages ago me and my family drove down to Strömstad.
Today I had a rather late start and it was back to breakfast in the tent again (cloudy and quite cold). Started paddling just before 11am. During today there has been a drastic change in coastline, from having a myriad of islands surrounding me there are now next to none and paddling has been just crossing over from one head to the next one. What stroke me is also the concurrent change in architecture of the houses along the coast, from the two story white houses with red tiled roofs I've passed in hundreds or thousands during the first week to the one story houses I've seen today being dark grey with black roofs instead.
The lack of islands makes both paddeling and navigating less stimulating but I better get used to it because it will probably take at least two weeks before I get to Blekinge and the next archipelogo. Well the kilometers passed by in a good way today anyway.
A bit sore from yesterdays almost identical distance but still feeling ok. My hands are now starting to get used to the daily wear and tear and nice callouses have appeared and hopefully I will be able to paddle without applying tape around my fingers soon.
Three events during the day: I've seen seals (saw my first ones yesterday and now today again)!
I've passed the first of four nuclear powerplants (ok, so actually one of them is closed but I'm still counting that), Ringhals.
And I got my first really nice sunset:
Todays route:

No comments:

Post a Comment