Tuesday 5 July 2016

Day 46, July 4. Mission completed

From: Axmars brygga
To: Fäbodön
Distance: 48 km
Total distance: 1659,5 km
Wind: NW turning SW late afternoon 2-7 m/s
Weather: Sunny all day but cold, 16 C
Got up relatively early to get started with today's first mission, fixing the damage done to the kayak yesterday. Got all the repair stuff out from the absolute furthest back corner of the rear dry compartment (sanding papers, glass fibre plaster and gel coat repair) and got to work. It wasn't that bad and after some glass fibre plastering and sanding I got the gel coat on and it should at least not leak anymore. It's not pretty but I'll deal with that when I get back home again.
Due to this I started paddling rather late in head wind that wasn't too strong and had a good sunny day in the kayak even though it was cold (and has been the last couple of days), I have all gear, jacket, hat and poogies on while paddling. It doesn't really have that summery feeling to it when being covered up like that but it's not raining so I shouldn't be complaining.
This part of the coast is also filled with rocks everywhere, makes paddling close to the shore a challenge and after yesterday's encounter I now stay as far away as I can...
Paddled through this cute little canal (I would not like to spend a ninght here though, it looked like heaven for mosquitos).

Found some perfect cliffs for camping after a fabulous evening leg (very light tail wind and sun) and ended the day with the compulsory Face time-call home.
Will probably be seeing them all again on Wednesday evening when they drive up to meet me. The winds on Thursday look horrendous so the plan is to not paddle and spend the day with them instead, looking forwards to it already! 😀
Today's route:

1 comment:

  1. Välkommen till Söderhamns kommun + Välkommen tillbaka. Du är så snabb - Du är redan inne i Hudiksvalls kommun. Och händig med lagningsprojektet!
    Ha det. Leif, Söderhamn.

    ReplyDelete