Wednesday 6 July 2016

Day 47, July 5. The return of music

From: Fäbodön
To: Stocka
Distance: 59,5 km
Total distance: 1719 km
Wind: NW turning SE early afternoon, 2-5 m/s
Weather: Mostly sunny, 17 C
First I just have show this photo, this is the view I woke up to this morning:
Pretty stunning!
Today I was more or less only doing crossings again and it tends to be a bit boring but today I realised that with my new waterproof shell, that I got for the cell phone during my week off from paddling, I can have the cell phone in one of the pockets in my life jacket and listen to music while I'm out there. What a difference!! Time flew by and so did the kilometres! It does consume quite a lot of battery but since I now have 4 power banks (got two more of these too during the week off😀) that I try to recharge as often as I can I should be ok any way. First Aid Kit, Kent, Ulf Lundell, REM all fit in perfectly with the great surroundings, Justin Timberlake and "Sexy Back" maybe seemed a bit out of place out there on the water...
The view inland during one of my crossings.
Had lunch when paddling along Hornslandet, tuna and soft cheese with jalapeno flavour, simple, fast and filling ☺️.
Hornslandet is a weird place, all along the shore there is a couple of hundred metres with nothing but stones and then inland from that the forest begins.
On the north corner of Hornslandet I paddled passed Kuggören, for all of you listening to the weather forecast this should be a familiar name, this is what it looks like:
Made it to Stocka hamn in the evening and got talking to a man when I got out of the kayak, he offered me to sleep in the community's Bagarstuga (baking house, a house with a large wooden stove where they make flat bread). Sweet! They apparently started doing this with all kayakers that pass by so for all you HBB-paddlers passing here later this summer; This is a great place to stay and the restaurant has excellent food!
Today's route:

No comments:

Post a Comment