Wednesday 13 July 2016

Day 54, July 12. More than 2000 kilometers

From: Lill-Husskär
To: Hökaren (Täfteåfjärden)
Distance: 48 km
Total distance: 2033 km
Wind: NE-E 3-8 m/s
Weather: Mostly sunny, 22 C
With today's distance I have paddled more than 2000 kilometers since the start 20th of May... That is a very long way and yet it doesn't feel like I gone that far. When thinking about all the days in the kayak they tend to melt together and memories from several days feels like one. Good thing I have this blog to keep my mind and memory straight 😀.
I knew already when I woke up today that this was going to be a tough one, rather strong head wind, a fair distance ahead of me and on top of that a couple of crossings. Got up and out of the tent at a reasonable hour and got to it. First crossing passed like it was nothing and I was surprised to see that I was able to keep my 6 km/h pace in the head wind. Good, calculations of distance paddled super easy this way! Calculation like this and for example number of strokes in a day take up some of my time during the crossings which is good cause it stops me from getting bored out of my mind and I hope also prevents my brain from shrivelling up to a hopeless state before getting back to work in August. The rest of the time I just let my mind wander thinking all sorts of meaningless things and sometimes hopefully also more substantial things.
Had a bit of problem finding a good spot to have lunch, whenever I got close to an island the birds (mostly terns) would just go nuts and make steep dives towards my head, scream and just being plain annoying. Well, finally managed to find this spot and had a quick very austere lunch consisting of boiled eggs, a banana and a capsicum.
Today's destination was the summer house of Agneta's, a work acquaintance of my husband's, lovely place just by the sea. Had been invited to spend the night and also got served a very nice dinner along with good conversations. Thanks Agneta for a great evening!
Today's route:

No comments:

Post a Comment