Friday 3 June 2016

Day 14, June 2. Just a little bit tired...

From: Hittarp
To: Habo Ljung
Distance: 58,5 km
Total distance: 523,5 km
Wind: E-SE 4-12 m/s
Weather: Sunny all day
When I woke up this morning I had my goal set already, I needed to pick up a new jacket (the one I have is leaking like a strainer) in Lomma that I ordered and there was a camping ground just north of Lomma. Looked at the map the night before and did a rough calculation that it was just a bit more than 40 km and that should be doable even though I was going to have head wind all day. Well that calculation turned out to be very rough, a bit of a joke actually. In the end of the day after 10 hours of paddling, struggling hard in the head wind, I measured todays distance and it was almost 60 km!!! I thought I was just being really slow today because of the wind, no wonder I was tired. So tired that I started counting paddle strokes, if anyone is interested I can inform you that it is 1704 strokes between the Långa Bryggan (the long jetty, named that because it is, as the name gives away, very very long) in Bjärred and the camping ground in Habo Ljung.
Apart from all the paddling and counting I managed to get myself shouted at by a security guard at the now closed down nuclear power plant Barsebäck (number 2 of the 4) for going too close. Apparently there were some yellow buoys far out in the water that I should have passed on the outside because it was a restricted area. Well I had maybe 2 m between me and the shore so I was a tad bit close, so close that I actually had to step out of the kayak to pass over a very shallow part, that is when the security guard showed up 😳. He told me to go straight out to the buoys which meant I would be going backwards and then fight my way back in the waves and wind, no way, I jumped in my kayak and continued forwards just a little bit further from the shore not looking back or hearing anything more... This is a picture taken before the small incident...
It has also been a lot of this stuff,
Passing both Helsingborg and Landskrona and their harbours.
When finally arriving at Habo Ljung late in the evening my husbands best friend Mathias met up with me and handed me the jacket plus taking me to the grocery store! Thank you so much Mathias!!! It was wounderful seeing a familiar face and getting some tasks done.
Today's route:

4 comments:

  1. Strong paddling idag! Heja dig för att trotsa kärnkraftsvakter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Pernilla. Det går bra läser jag. Mitt uppehåll är slut snart. Får se om vi ses på havet.
    Olle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lycka till! Nu vet du vilken sida om de gula bojarna som gäller när du kommer till Barsebäck 😉!

      Delete