Monday 20 June 2016

Day 31, June 19. Vacation time!

From: Stora Trässö
To: Romholmen
Distance: 5,5 km
Total distance: 1208,5 km
Wind: W 5-8 m/s
Weather: Cloudy
Today was the shortest leg so far (ridiculously short even), destination: our summer house! Only reason I did not complete these 5,5 kilometres yesterday was so that my family had time to get down there to greet me when I arrived (my husband had a Triathlon race in Uppsala yesterday (won his age group, congrats!!! Well done!) and they did not get there until midnight).
This morning they actually took the motorboat out and surprised me while I was in my little paddling bubble very focused on where I was heading. I heard a boat coming from behind thinking what kind of freak is out this early on such a grey day, turned around and there they were!!! This was at half past seven in the morning so getting the kids out of bed for this was a true mission according to my husband. (Everybody apparently too tired to remember to take the fenders off when heading out😂)

Then there was a second greeting wave from the jetty when finally getting to the house!!!
Fantastic to get together again!!! I must say though that using Face Time every night to talk to them and also see them has made being away much easier than I thought.
The day has thereafter been spent sorting out all my stuff and hanging with the family!
Before I started this whole trip I had an interim goal set and that was to reach this place for Midsummer celebrations with family and friends. Thinking this might be aiming a bit too high I thought I had a 50/50 chance of making it. Then everything has just been going so well, doing 40+ kilometres per day has not been that hard and here I am with 6 days left until the Midsummer weekend even starts! So I decided to keep my promise to spend Midsummer here with my family and I will take this entire week off from kayaking! Going up to Stockholm this afternoon to live my ordinary life with running water, showers, clean and dry clothes and unlimited electricity for a couple of days (except I won't be working 😄) before I´m back paddling again on Sunday or Monday. (So all updates during the upcoming week will just be "Distance: 0 km" and no more info :-))
Today´s route:

No comments:

Post a Comment