Wednesday 8 June 2016

Day 19, June 7. I see islands!

From: Kivik
To: Rakö
Distance: 41 km
Total distance: 725 km
Wind: S-SE 2-10 m/s
Weather: Sunny, 15 C
Started the day with a nice breakfast at Karin and Torbjörn's and headed back down to the harbour around 8 am to have plenty of time to pass Ravlunda before the shooting started (I did hear a lot of kabooms in the afternoon, felt good to be on a safe distance from it). It was a tight fit getting all the gear into the dry compartments after last night's visit to the grocery store and filled up water bags.
Here are my excellent hosts Karin and Torbjörn:
By the way, the rudders folding mechanism is working like a charm again after last night's improvements! Thanks!
Then it was time for more of the paddling-along-very-long-beaches-routine I know too well by now, the one I passed today must be THE longest one of all beaches passed so far, maybe the longest one in Sweden. It just screamed out "Come here! Lay down in the sand and enjoy the sun for a while". Hmm, that while ended up being close to two hours 😀.
Despite the forecast promising light southerly winds I still had the wind coming in from SE and picking up significantly in the afternoon causing big waves again. Starting to get really sick of these waves 😠!
When getting passed Åhus I saw it! It was like a mirage, yes an island, actually several! There is an end to all these beaches and I'm starting to believe it. I think I will get to see more of it tomorrow.
This is how happy you get when finally camping on an island again!
Bright and early start tomorrow, alarm set at 4 am to hopefully get passed Pukaviksbukten before the wind gets too bad in the afternoon.
Today's route:

No comments:

Post a Comment