Thursday 9 June 2016

Day 20, June 8. Finally, Blekinge Archipelago!

From: Rakö
To: Nastensö
Distance: 52,5 km
Total distance: 777,5
Wind: SE in the morning turning over to NW around 10 am, 2-8 m/s
Weather: mostly sunny, 20 C
Very early start this morning, sat in the kayak ready to go 04:40 and headed almost straight east over Möllefjorden, another 10 km of open sea while the sun was rising.

View from my breakfast spot, the coast of Listerlandet, full of rocks.
When stopping for breakfast 3 hours later to prepare myself for the next crossing, the one over Pukaviksbukten, I realized I just had it with these crossings! I'm doing this whole trip to enjoy it and paddling straight over the bays, it's just not fun, so I decided to go up along the south coast of Pukaviksbukten in the headwind to paddle over it at a much more narrow spot. Had great fun after getting over to the other side now having tailwind passed Karlshamn and to the island where I'm camping tonight.
Stopped paddling already at 3 pm having time for some proper prehab streches and trigger point massages. So far during this trip the only problem I've had is sore hands and that was all in my first week, since then my body has served me well. I think there are two reasons for this and the first one is my prehab gadgets that I brought along, trigger balls and a thick exercise rubber band. Using the trigger balls can be extremely painful while doing it but the feeling is great afterwards 😀.
My instruments of self torture 😉.
The second one I will get back to tomorrow...

Pancakes for dinner tonight, it was absolutely delicious!
Tomorrow will be a great day paddling through the archipelago in Blekinge, it is fantastic to have something more than just a beach to the left to look at during the day!
Today's route:

2 comments:

  1. It's really great to follow your blog and the impressing distances you make every day!
    I agree with you that's it's a relief to reach the Blekinge archipelago, which is really nice.

    Good luck for the remaining paddle!

    Peter Sjödin
    HBB 111+151

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I try to paddle for at least 7-8 hours every day, on single occasions more than that, so kilometer by kilometer the distance is put behind me.

    ReplyDelete