Tuesday 14 June 2016

Day 25, June 13. Me, myself and I

From: Stora Hästeholmen
To: Sörö
Distance: 58,5 km
Total Distance: 997,5 km
Wind: N 0-3 m/s turning SE after lunch 3-6 m/s
Weather: Sunny all day, 18 C (very cold morning, 2 C)
Alarm went off at 4 am this morning to make sure I would get to paddle some of today's distance without strong head wind. (Forecast again promising south easterly winds but I don't trust that forecast one bit at the moment.) Had a fantastic morning in the kayak, very light head wind, sunrise and the sea all to myself.
That was not only in the morning by the way, this entire day I have met/seen the great number of 0 people! I'm serious, I have not seen one single person for the whole day, two boats, yes, at a great distance, but no people. A very strange feeling but luckily I don't have any issues with being on my own so I try to enjoy it.
During a rather lengthy lunch break (needed to catch up on sleep after getting up at 4 am and had a great nap on a beach 😗) I could feel the wind starting to pick up and to my great surprise it was coming from south east! Yay, this will be a super afternoon!
Managed to put a really good distance behind me today, especially in the afternoon the kilometres just flew by, and this while seeing more and more islands. I have a long stretch of absolutely great archipelago ahead of me, I think there are some really good days coming up (despite the fact that it will probably start raining in a couple of days).

Fantastic blue sky and sea today.
Today's route:

2 comments:

  1. Mig och Jag och Mig Själv… ja, då var ni ju i alla fall tre personer ute på sjön idag. Fantastiska distanser du avverkar - och bilderna! och texterna!
    Idag paddlade jag HBB-Emil x 2 till mötes i Söderhamn. De var vid gott mod. Det verkar du också vara. Härligt att läsa din resa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Såg Emilx2s inlägg, ni verkar ha haft en bra tur ihop längs med kusten. Paddlandet går över förväntan så jag är vid mycket gott mod.

    ReplyDelete