Saturday 18 June 2016

Day 30, June 18. Halfway.

From: Arkösund camping ground
To: Stora Trässö
Distance: 32 km
Total distance: 1203 km
Wind: NW Turning SW late afternoon 2-9 m/s
Weather: Rain, 17 C
In the rain and wind this afternoon I passed Bråviken! That is supposed to be halfway to Haparanda 😀! Apart from that the day has been rather uneventful. The rain was pouring down all morning and I had planned for a late start since the wind would settle a bit in the afternoon but 11am I was bored crazy of lying in the tent playing Candy Crush on my phone so I packed up all my stuff when the rain eased a little bit and steered the kayak north. Bråviken's north shore is quite scenic with steep rocks dropping into the sea, no photos though, it was raining too much at this time to pick the phone up.
Ended up on an island east of Oxelösund where I unfortunately can see some of the hideous SSAB steelworks area but spent most of the evening in the tent enjoying a movie anyway 😊!
Tomorrow will be a super short day in regards to kilometres to paddle, but I'll get back to why tomorrow.
Today's route:

No comments:

Post a Comment