Friday 17 June 2016

Day 29, June 17. Glorious tail wind!

From: Olsön
To: Arkösund camping ground
Distance: 46 km
Total distance: 1171 km
Wind: SE 2-6 m/s
Weather: Mostly sunny, cloudy late afternoon
Tail wind!!! I caught myself laughing when crossing the first straight realizing I actually had tail wind today! Excellent fantastic tail wind! Who cares that the tent and most of my clothes are wet, tail wind and sun makes you forget it all and just enjoy every paddle stroke.
Stopping at Fyrudden for coffee, ice cream and candy made an already awesome morning supercalifragilisticexpialidocious 😄!
Lunch break continued in the same spirit and I found time to relax for a while before getting back into the kayak again.
Ended up at the camp ground in Arkösund. I don't particularly fancy these places but I really felt like having a shower and be able to just hang someplace else than just the tent when the next big dump of rain comes late tonight and continues until noon tomorrow. In the tent next to mine (well, these two tents are in fact the only ones...) I found a German couple that are also kayaking but felt they had it with all the rain and were thinking about renting one of the cabins instead.
Writing this I'm having a great dinner at Hotel Arkösund while charging my phone and iPad again. I think the lack of electricity is my biggest worry during this whole trip.
Today's route:

2 comments:

  1. Det ser ut att bli fint väder nästa vecka. Lägg gärna upp en stor kart bild så man förstår vae på kusten du är. Jätte kul att läsa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Emma! Jag har nog med strul att få upp bilderna som det är (googles blogprogram och Apples devices, samarbetet är inte 100% igt mellan dessa 😣). Jag brukar dock försöka se till att något ortsnamn finns med på bilden med dagens sträcka så att det ska gå hyfsat lätt att goggla fram vad för område kartan egentligen täcker. Tråkigt att vi inte ses i sommar! Kram!

    ReplyDelete